Complete each of the following problems:
Due: 12/12/01 at the start of class
- Problem 9 in the Chapter 11 Problem Set
(p. 455 of 5E text, in 4E: Chapter 10 p. 433)
- Problem 9 in the Chapter 13 Problem Set
(p. 556 of 5E text, in 4E: Chapter 12 p. 530)
- Problem 15 in the Chapter 14 Problem Set
(pp. 588-589 of 5E text, in 4E: Chapter 13 pp. 564-565). Assume
Smallis an inner class declared inside
- Consider three different methods of dealing with error conditions
in a C++ programs, as described in Chapter 14:
- Using C++ exceptions.
- Having every operation return a status code indicating
success or the kind of failure that occurred (like
HRESULT in the Windows API).
- Passing an error-handling procedure as an additional
parameter to each operation that can detect errors.
Compare the advantages and disadvantages of these three
alternatives. summarize your answer in a table comparing the