CS 5014 Homework 4
Each of the sentences below contain a grammar or usage mistake. Find the
mistakes and fix them.
(a.k.a. Higham III)
Due November 28
- Furthermore, the ratio of alpha to beta, which is directly
related to the levels of gamma in the mixture was not consistent
with the predicted control batch value.
- Two samples were received for analysis; one from batch 29 that had
low flavor, and another from batch 27 that was acceptable.
- Magicstuff 200 is more stable to oxygen than the current
solvent, Magicstuff 100, therefore, both solvents are compared in the
- Stringent as always, the human cell vaccine is only in its
testing stage by the Food and Drug Administration.
- The job fair is a means by which students can compliment
their on-campus interview through direct contact with
- When aiming the timing light at timing marks, be careful
of the turning fan, also keep all wires away from the fan.
- I would like to thank the following people for the many
hours they afforded me during my visit; Mr. J. Lee, Plant Engineer,
Ms. S. Shaw, Quality Control Supervisor, and Ms. M. Bright, Chemist.
- The devices include pump sprays, Freon aerosols, pressurized
rubber balloons and hydrocarbon propellants. The last was initially considered
most promising, but they are flammable and incompatible with food products.
- The administration building, with its dingy windows and deep gray paint,
house the administrative offices, including the infamous ``fishbowl.''
- Roger's Hall was once a razor blade factory,
and this accounts for it's seamy appearance.