CS4624 Objectives - MC
- How the main compression methods work
- How the main compression standards work
- How to represent time and time-based relationships in multimedia and hypermedia systems
- How to represent anchors, links and composites in hypertext and hypermedia systems
- How to model and design hypertext and hypermedia systems
- How to relate existing hypertext system to the most important models
Be Able To:
- Compress still images using JPEG software.
- Identify sound, image and video files that are uncompressed vs. compressed at various quality levels.
- Navigate through HyperCard (Nielsen's trip report, Hypertext on Hypertext) and KMS (ACM Hypertext Compendium) collections and be able to use them as reference works.
[Home | Outline
Copyright 1996 Edward A. Fox