listserv for CS4624
- Purpose: to support learning for CS4624
- Policies: All use
related to it must be in accord with the
Of Information Systems At Virginia Tech.
- Initial Subscription: All students should subscribe (see below),
e.g., by sending to "email@example.com" a msg with body
- Submission: To submit a message to the list, that is to send
to all on the list, send mail to "firstname.lastname@example.org". You must
be on the list, sending from the account registered to you (i.e.,
from the computer from which you sent your subscription request).
- Listserv Commands: You can interact with the listserv by
sending mail to "email@example.com" using one of the following
types of commands in the body of the message:
- subscribe <list> [<address>]
Subscribe yourself (or <address> if specified) to the named <list>.
- unsubscribe <list> [<address>]
Unsubscribe yourself (or <address> if specified) from the named <list>.
- get <list> <filename>
Get a file related to <list>.
- index <list>
Return an index of files you can "get" for <list>.
- which [<address>]
Find out which lists you (or <address> if specified) are on.
- who <list>
Find out who is on the named <list>.
- info <list>
Retrieve the general introductory information for the named <list>.
Show the lists served by this Majordomo server.
Retrieve the msg containing the information given on this page.
Stop processing commands (useful if your mailer adds a signature).