Project Suggestion: Open Archives Initiative (OAI) on Campus
Title: Open Archives Initiative (OAI) on Campus
- Number of people: 2-8
- Goal: Help campus groups make their collections
available through OAI
- Contact information: PhD student Hussein Suleman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
and the instructor
- Required background: programming in C, C++, or PERL
This project is to help people on the VT campus or nearby to
build upon work in the Open Archives Initiative.
In particular, any group that has a collection of information
along with metadata can be helped to develop an OAI compliant
archive so their content can be more easily accessed.
- Prior work: A survey to identify groups interested
in support provides the lead to identify groups to contact.
This was carried out in Fall 2000 in UH3000 by
Geoff Filippi, email@example.com, focusing on multimedia content.
See his project information.
- Students working on this: Jason Meyer (firstname.lastname@example.org),
Jeremy Farge (email@example.com),
Robert Rossman (firstname.lastname@example.org),
Rob Carey (email@example.com),
Greg Hightower (firstname.lastname@example.org)