Announcements & syllabus
- All programs must be written in C or C++, using the
openGL and GLUT graphics packages.
- Programs must compile and run under Windows XP, but
you may develop on any platform you like. Check your program on a
Windows XP machine before turning it in to avoid losing points.
- Programs should follow the departmental
guidelines for style and documentation. This includes header
comments for each function as well as comments for major components of
code within functions. It also includes "pretty-printing" for
- The header comment for the file that contains main()
should include the honor code statement: "I have neither given
nor received unauthorized assistance on this assignment" followed by your
- Programs are due at 11:59 PM on the assigned due
- Late programs will be penalized 3n points
for n days (24 hour periods) late, up to a maximum of 3 days.
- Programs should be turned in (source code only)
via email to the TA.
help you get started with openGL/GLUT, here are some useful links:
of current programming assignments:
1: Simple 2D animation. Due February 20, 11:59 PM
2: Our first 3D game. Due March 20, 11:59 PM
3: Simple ray-tracing. Due April 7, 11:59 PM
4: 3D game version 2.0. Due April 30, 11:59 PM