The Individual Presentation - Content
Each presentation should contain five parts (and probably a minimum of five slides):
- Introduction: The title of the talk, your name.
- Background: Why you chose this topic. Why it is important. What the audience should get out of this talk.
- The Body: The real guts of the talk. (This is where you might have several slides but not more than four!)
- Conclusions: Confirm why this is an important topic. Summarize the major points.
- Closing: Let everyone know that you are done. A preacher gets away with this by closing with a prayer. In your case you need a LAST sentence that starts off "And finally ..." or something similar. Do not be left there with everyone expecting you to say something else.
Last updated 99/12/06
© J.A.N. Lee, 1999.