Course Attendance Policy
While it is not reasonable to insist on 100% class attendance, CS 3604, Professionalism in Computing, is a class in which class participation is important. A percentage of the final grade is associated with class participation (see Grading). This is composed of several elements:
- An individual presentation on a topic of your own choice (related to the topic of the class).
- Participation in a team debate and the ensuing discussion, on a topic assigned by the instructor.
- Participation in discussions of debate topics managed by other teams.
- Partipation in group decision exercises.
- Evaluation of individual presentations and debates.
- Responsiveness to pre-class, in-class, and post-class quizzes and projects.
Return to the course home page
Last updated 99/01/15
© J.A.N. Lee, 1995, 1999.