1. Which of the following is not a member of American values?
2. Community values are:
3. Community standards exist, but are rarely written down, regarding speech patterns and vocabulary, driving attitudes and customs, and the definition of pornography. These standards differ frequently between urban and rural environments in much the same manner as political preferences differ. Thus while the law may (or may not) explicitly specify set limits on certain citizens' activities, the local standards and the local environment may further limit or extend acceptable practices.
Describe a local (urban or rural) convention within your experience which differs from legal requirements, and then discuss how such local variances have an impact on the establishment of practices and protocols for the use of computers, where few laws have yet been established.
4. According to Charles Webb in his article "At the Heart of the Matter American Values" studied in class, Americans cherish the belief that all citizens should play by the same rules, suffer the same punishment for violations, and have an equal chance at all rewards.
5. Which of the following value goes hand in hand with "honesty":
6. The value "Compassion of the underdog" means:
You may suggest an appropriate examination question in this topic by clicking here.
Last updated 2002/02/10
© J.A.N. Lee, 1999.