BIBLIOGRAPHY - Y2K
- "looking at the Y@K bug", CNN.com, undated - but the start of a series of articles.
- A Working White Paper on Y2K: "A Call to Action: National and Global Implications of the Year 2000 and Embedded Systems Crisis" by Paula D. Gordon, George Washington University, 1999.
- Papers and Presentations on Y2K By Stuart Umpleby, George Washington Univ., 1999.
- "Y2K Help Center for Small Business", NIST, 1999.
- "Embedded Systems and the Year 2000 Problem (The OTHER Year 2000 Problem)", Mark A. Frautschi, Shakespeare and Tao Consulting , 99/09/01.
- "THE YEAR 2000 AND EMBEDDED SYSTEMS CRISIS", Paula D. Gordon, Director of Special Projects, George Washington University, last accessed 2000/02/07.
- "The Y2K bug wasn't created by programmers' errors", by HOWARD DeLONG, Roanoke Times, Tuesday, February 01, 2000.
- "U.S. to Computer Hackers: Give U.S. a Y2K Break", by Jim Wolf, Wednesday December 15 2:37 AM ET, Yahoo! News.John Koskinen, chairman of the President's Council on Year 2000
Conversion, recently pleaded with computer hackers to delay their
activities until after the New Year's weekend has passed.
- Year 2000 Limerick Contest Results by Peter de Jager.
- An INTRODUCTION to the YEAR 2000 (y2k) PROBLEM with links to up-to-the minute information to help you assess the risk by Margaret Murray, Virginia Tech.
- The use of two-digit year representations was approved by a US Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS 4-1). The NIST commentary on this standard points out that there was also an American National Standard (X3.30) on this matter. Incidently these standards recommended the use of the format YYMMDD for the representation of dates.
- For Coders, a Code of Conduct: 2000 Problem Tests Professionalism of Programmers by ANDREW POLLACK, New York Times, 3 May 1999. [Requires registering in advance of access but it is free.]
- How Y2K Could Choke Small Business, by Jesse Berst, Editorial Director, ZDNet AnchorDesk, 99/04/06.
- AWARENESS IS HELPING COOL THE Y2K FEVER, by ASHLEY DUNN, TIMES STAFF WRITER, Los Angeles Times, March 12, 1999.
- y2kculture.com - a site that provides lots of other links!
- AT&T, Lucent Sued Over Y2K Problems: Attorneys claim class action against telecommunications equipment vendors, by Rebecca Sykes, IDG News Service, March 11, 1999.
- Florida Bill to Limit Y2K Fallout: Business wants protections similar to those granted to local governments, by Lisa Baertlein, Florida Daily Business Reviews, Thursday, March 4, 1999.
- Y2K: How to Know If You and Your Family Are at Risk, Jesse Berst, Editorial Director, ZDNet AnchorDesk, 3 March 1999.
- CIA predicts serious Y2K problems around the globe, CNN Interactive, February 25, 1999.
- Y2K Bill: True Fix or Politics? by Kurt Sauer, Texas Lawyer, Monday, March 1, 1999.
- New Bill to Curtail Y2K Suits: Senator Hatch wants arbitration and damage limits, by Melissa J. Kozlowski, Law News Network, February 25, 1999.
- Concerns about Russian missiles, The Courier-Journal (Louisville, KY.),
February 23, 1999.
- Companies shouldn't overlook human resources in their preparations, Roanoke Times, Sunday, February 21, 1999
- A proposed BILL to amend the Code of Virginia
relating to limiting liability and damages for economic loss in connection with the Year 2000
date change. (February 1999)
- Bugged N.Y. Lawyer Files Y2K Class Actions vs. Lucent, AT&T, by Matt Ackermann, New Jersey Law Journal, Monday, February 15, 1999.
- CPSR Y2K Working group.
- CPSR's Working Group to Prepare for the Year 2000, by Marsha Woodbury, CPSR News Volume 15, Number 4: Fall 1997.
- Y2K and Banks, a news group observation.
- Early Y2K Suit Struck Down in California, by Brenda Sandburg, The Recorder, Monday, February 8, 1999.
- Virginia Tech solution.
- Year 2000 State & Federal Legislative Proposals and Lawsuits, Information Technology Association of America (last accessed 99/10/29)
- Y2K Paralysis Exposes Firms To Fraud (last accessed 99/01/08)
- An excellent collection of links to Y2K sites is available within "HARAMBEE! YEAR 2000 ACTION PACK" by P. J. Wylie, if you scroll down the posting far enough. (last accessed 98/12/22)
- Case Study: The Medstat Group Cures Internal Support Woes and Ensures Year 2000
Compliance with Remedy (last accessed 98/12/22)
- Unites Arab Emirates Y2K Web Site (last accessed 98/12/23)
- J.R. Stockton's Date & Time Miscellany. (last accessed 99/01/19).
- Gary North's Y2K Links and Forums. (last accessed 98/05/15).
- Y2K Ltd., a commercial approach to the problem. (last accessed 98/05/15)
- Delta-West Publishing, Inc., a public service site:
- The Information Technology Association of America (last accessed 98/05/15).
- Merrill Lynch Describes the Y2K Problem (last accessed 98/05/15).
Last updated 2000/03/22
© J.A.N. Lee, 1999, 2000.