BIBLIOGRAPHY - VIRUSES
- "'Love' bug now has five siblings", by Roberta Holland, eWEEK,
UPDATED May 5, 2000 3:00 PM PT.
- "Students Named in Love Bug Probe",
By DIRK BEVERIDGE,
Associated Press Writer,
MAY 10, 06:43 EDT.
- "Global viruses require global therapy", Editorial Comment, Roanoke Times, Wednesday, May 10, 2000.
- VIRUS CRIMES 101, by Melissa Kozlowski, Law News Network, Monday, April 5, 1999, asks the question "What's the criminal liability for spreading computer viruses?"
- Melissa' virus suspect arrested: AOL, state and federal agents helped snare 30-year-old N.J. man, by Bob Sullivan, MSNBC, 99/04/02.
- Massive e-mail virus outbreak spreads like wildfire, by Dan Briody, CNN Interactive, March 29, 1999.
- Happy99.exe worm spreads quickly, by Bob Sullivan, MSNBC, 99/02/11.
- "Security Bug Affects Unopened E-Mail Attachments: Malicious code may affect systems running Microsoft or Netscape e-mail", by Brian McWilliams, PC World News Radio, July 27, 1998, 3:29 p.m. PT
- The University of Michigan Virus Busters
- Virginia Computer Crimes Act
- State of Wisconsin Statute -- Chapter 293, Laws of 1981 -- Computer crimes.
Kephart, Jeffrey O., et al. "Computers and Epidemiology", IEEE Spectrum, Vol. 30, No. 5, May 1993, pp. 20-26.
- The Virus Authoring Laboratory - a how-to web page based on the idea that the more you know the better you will be at protecting yourself against them!
- Lipkin, Richard . "An immune system for computer viruses", Science News, July 23,1994, Vol. 146, No. 4, Pg 63.
Slade, "Robert Slade's Guide to Computer Viruses", 1994 - chapter seven looks at the computer virus and society.
- A new strain of viruses may be deadly!
- A humorous look at viruses.
- The possible impact or use of viruses and hacking in Cyberwar was discussed in an article in Time Magazine on August 21, 1995.
- Virus hoaxes are almost as prevalent as viruses themselves, and cause panic and stress among users. The Lawarence Livermore National Laboratory maintains a report on virus hoaxes.
- More Virus Myths
Last updated 2000/05/10
© J.A.N. Lee, 1997-2000.