The Net: User Guidelines and Netiquette
- by Arlene Rinaldi
ELECTRONIC MAIL AND FILES
The content and maintenance of a user's electronic mailbox is the
- Check E-mail daily and remain within your limited disk quota.
- Delete unwanted messages immediately since they take up disk
- Keep messages remaining in your electronic mailbox to a
- Mail messages can be downloaded or extracted to files then
to disks for future reference.
- Never assume that your E-mail can be read by no one except
yourself; others may be able to read or
access your mail.
Never send or keep anything that you would mind seeing
on the evening news.
The content and maintenance of a user's disk storage area is the
- Keep files to a minimum. Files should be downloaded to your
personal computer's hard drive or to diskettes.
- Routinely and frequently virus-scan your system, especially
when receiving or downloading files from other systems to
prevent the spread of a virus.
- Your files may be accessible by persons with system
privileges, so do not maintain anything private in your
disk storage area.
Permission to duplicate or distribute this document is granted with
the provision that the document remains intact or if used in sections,
that the original document source be referenced.
Last updated: 24 JUN 96