Hacking and Security
© Discovery Channel
The objectives of this class are to expose participants to the dangers of lax security and the possibilities of intrusion by unwelcome guests into personal and company systems. Included in this discussion are viruses and some considerations for the hiring of employees.
(Read Part 1)
- "Governor Calls for 'Cyber Court'", by Declan McCullagh, Oct. 18, 2001, from http://www.wired.com/news/conflict/0,2100,47676,00.html
- "Clinton Pledges Support at Anti-Hacking Summit", by John Schwartz and Ariana Eunjung Cha,
Washington Post Staff Writers,
Wednesday, February 16, 2000
- "Can hackers kill credit cards?
Spate of e-commerce intrusions might mean a new form
of payment system will come sooner than expected", by Bob Sullivan, MSNBC, March 15, 2000.
- "Kevin Mitnick walks down a hall on Capitol Hill on Thursday. Infamous hacker advises Senate panel; Mitnick warns technical safeguards not enough to protect secrets", ASSOCIATED PRESS, 2000/03/02.
- "Schumer Offers Legislative Package to Combat Online Hacking", Charles E. Schumer, US Senate, NY, 2000/02/29.
- "Investigators assure Congress of progress on hacking incidents: Expanded computer crime laws eyed", ASSOCIATED PRESS, 2000/02/29.
- ZDNet summary of the Denial of Service (DOS) attacks on web sites, 2000/02/14.
- "Distributed Denial of Service Attacks",
Friday, February 11, 2000 at 16:17:17,
by Carolyn Meinel - AntiOnline Staff Member.
- "Police raid teen hacker's home", aftenposten, Norway, 25 January 2000.
- "Decrypting Kevin Mitnick", Forbes.com, undated on or about 2000/01/18.