BIBLIOGRAPHY - ETHICS
- The Ethical Spectacle, an on-line zine covering many aspects of ethics and current events.
- "Computer Based Decision-Making: Three Maxims" by Jeff Robbins, ACM Crossroads, 1995.
- PROFESSIONAL ETHICS IN THE INFORMATION SYSTEMS
CLASSROOM: GETTING STARTED! by
Smith, Mark W. Ed.D., JOURNAL OF INFORMATION SYSTEMS EDUCATION, 3/92
- An on-line collection of materials on Ethical Theory, if you want to go a little more deeply into the subject, is available.
- Lee, J.A.N. "The Need for Ethics Education in Computer Curriculum", IFIP World Computer Congress, 1992, North Holland, Amsterdam.
- For another view of why ethics is important see the interview with Don Gotterbarn from the ACM Crossroads magazine.
- A presentation by John Slaughter on "Computer Ethics" makes a good introduction to the general topic.
- The codes of conduct for many professional computing organizations are to be found on the World Codes page.
- The Markkula Center for Applied Ethics at Santa Clara University.
- Wood-Harper, A.T., Steve Corder, J.R.G. Wood, and Heather Watson. "How We Profess: the Ethical Systems Systems Analyst", Comm. ACM, Vol. 39, No. 3, March 1996, pp. 69ff. Tries to answer the question "To whom is the analyst ultimately responsible?"
Last updated 99/03/16
© J.A.N. Lee, 1999.