BOUT TIME TO START A NEW THREAD FOLKS!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ CS2704 Web Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by john booker on April 23, 2001 at 00:54:16:

In Reply to: Re: new logs the morning its due posted by Daniel Longest on April 23, 2001 at 00:36:20:

It's a haiku! IT SUCKS! I'm a cs major, not a bard, but anyway. What if the test data had been correct? Well it wasn't. Not just this one set, earlier sets as well. And sets for other projects. So I think equating one set of test data in one project in one course does represent the attitude of the CS department. It's poorly managed. CS 1704 is unnecessarily hard. No course should have the reputation that it does. Same with the said unix course. Even with 1704 I hear they removed the amulet GUI portion of it because it was too hard. You can't deny that the courses were lacking, and you can't say it's all fixed now either. CS is a relatively new major in the scheme of things. It is more than our right to speak up over some things, it is our duty to help shape the CS department here. The best thing we can do isn't to graduate and donate millions from our internet startup company to have mcbryde renamed hall, but rather to help the teachers provide a better education for future classes, and for ourselves. This isn't just a reaction to the test files, it's a reaction to the lack of organization in the cs department.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ CS2704 Web Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]