Re: Correction to Test 9 Log File

Posted by John Booker on April 22, 2001 at 23:09:56:

In Reply to: Correction to Test 9 Log File posted by William D McQuain on April 22, 2001 at 22:50:31:

With all due respect Professor McQuain, I don't consider the recent posts to be interminable whining. At lot of us were stressed out, not just the students who started coding late either. Those of us who started early and worked diligently were worried we had made some terrible errors. Some of us got a bit excited perhaps, and for that I apologize. However your reply further down the message board of
"Nonsense. I've provided you with test data... as a pure courtesy. AFAIC, it's YOUR responsibility to think up test cases. If late-posted test data broke your program, I'll accept your thanks for doing some of
your thinking for your. If you want to complain about it, look up /dev/null."
seems to be uncalled for. As students paying to attend this university, our relationship is that of employee and employer. Now, by NO means does that entitle us to have all our petty demands met and have a custom, personal tailored education. However, it does I think entitle us to a certain degree of respect.