Re: join the revolution! or at least send me some money

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ CS2704 Web Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Cliff Palmer, Jr. on April 22, 2001 at 23:02:02:

In Reply to: Re: join the revolution! or at least send me some money posted by John on April 22, 2001 at 22:38:45:

: My complaint was why was it called OS tools I when it wasn't ANYWHERE near comparable to Os tools II? Someone I know was required to take one of the two classes for her major, and being told the two courses were similar, took the unix course, which was far more difficult.
: But anyway, I think os tools 1 was also changed, s othe CS department isn't completely against improvement.
: My real grievance there was about having us buy 40 dollar books when they were completely unnecessary to the course. I guess we learned the hard way that we shouldn't trust the textbook requirements and attend the first class instead. I wish there was a class in winNT/2000 administration.
: Sit back and let me tell you kids a story:
: Was talking to my UNIX instructor(a TA of course...)
: me: "blah blah dual booting win2k and unix"
: him: "we don't support win2k"
: me: "you uh...require it"
: him: "oh..." sullen look on his face"
: another story:
: me: "yeah, I have win2k, the CS department requires it"
: guy at tech bookstore in comp department: "oh, i'm terribly sorry..."
: me: much sobbing
: it's late, pardon any egregrious spelling errors. I don't even k now what egregrious means, maybe i made it up...oh well.

There actually is/was such a class in the ECPE department, at least a year or so ago...they called it Network Administration or something. It was extremely limited enrollment, and was basically a breeding ground for people to do intern work with CNS here at Tech.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ CS2704 Web Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]