Re: join the revolution! or at least send me some money

Posted by Daniel Longest on April 22, 2001 at 22:24:33:

In Reply to: join the revolution! or at least send me some money posted by john booker on April 22, 2001 at 22:18:10:

When I think back to freshman year, first semester and how many CS majors there were then compared to now, I can remember why that class was probably good. Some ppl come into CS knowing not a lot about computers and a class like that is a good way to check that the freshman have at least a common base. Some of you might think "Well anyone coming into the CS major should know this stuff already." That's a fairly elitist attitude, not everyone comes from the same part of the country, the same background and everything else.

Daniel

: We don't need scapegoats, since we'll have valid concerns. Anyone take the UNIX course? It was TERRIBLE, precisely why it's getting revamped for the next semester. It isn't the only class that needs a facelift...
: Join up! We'll set some demands for the CS department! Like...why were we required to buy Windows NT4 books for OS Tools I: What is a gif?
: a) the course had nothing to do with winNT 4 or shell scripting, it was all about zip files and such
: b)most of us in that class had win2000 I'm fairly certain.
: The lack of organization is frightening...

: : Just so long as I don't have to be a peon or a scapegoat.