Re: Still No News?

Posted by Nick on April 22, 2001 at 21:50:56:

In Reply to: Re: Still No News? posted by Cliff Palmer, Jr. on April 22, 2001 at 21:28:22:

: : You are relying on the assumption that the instructors want to be fair.

: I'm relying on the assumption that the instructors realize they made a mistake and want to correct it. I can only assume that they either (as you suggested) know they did and don't care, or don't realize they've made it and will fix it when they do.

: I hesitate to bring up the issue because it will sound too preachy and very cleche'd, but all of us as students pay for a good education, and that entitles us to well-thought-out and good role on which to base our experience. We all have responsibilities, for the students to do our work and make sure that we dont' waste our money by not participating in class, and for the instructors & professors to make sure that they provide the students with a good education as well as to bring new things to the people through research & teaching. I'm only asking for what's right I think.

: -CP2

Actually I sort of meant that as a joke. But seriously, while two of the data files are messed up, they did provide us with 9 (hopefully) working data sets, compared to the two the gave us last time. Granted this one is a bit harder to test ourselves (it would require mapping lots of organisms all moving around a grid of infinite size), but it seems to me that 9 sets of data should be more than enough.