Re: Database Class

Posted by Daniel Longest on March 19, 2001 at 00:39:55:

In Reply to: Database Class posted by Juan Romero Jr. on March 16, 2001 at 16:53:06:

The database object has an array of books and an array of authors, iirc. Commands will be in terms of books and authors (add an author, delete a book) so I'd say it will be hard to limit knowledge of books and authors to just the database based on the restriction of the database object doing no file input. Exactly how this interacts are design decisions and thus part of the homework and project itself. Just my thoughts though.

Daniel

: Umm, yea, what is that all about?? Can anyone explain it a little better for me please, I am a bit confused by how the spec explains it. I assuming that it has book (database) and author (database) for data members, and the Database Class uses books and authors for blah blah blah... I understand that part, but Im caught up on is this: Will books and authors be used anywhere else by anyother object in the program? (For those in MQuain's class- does that issue with public and private discussed in class apply here?)

: Thanks,
: Juan