Re: creature questions

Posted by Bucky on April 21, 2001 at 11:49:24:

In Reply to: creature questions posted by kaden yealy on April 20, 2001 at 19:55:43:

: I have two questions.
: First can a creature say when it is dead like have a bool function that you can ask creature. dead()?

: Secondly for Forage commands can a creature return a sepecic type when forage is called, so you can decide if the creature either runs through through plantlist or animalist?

As to your first question, I don't see why not, although there are other ways to accomplish a creature dying (consider having the creature call a function in the eco system to delete it, thereby telling the eco system it is dead)

For the second question, it specifically says that no creatures are to store any type information. The way you would be able to tell whether it is a plan or animal is by which list it is in. (if you are using two separate lists- one for plants and one for animals)... so one way would be your predator would ask your eco system for the contents of the current square, and the eco system could tell the predator whether it's a plant or animal. (I think that would be acceptable, but don't hold me to it)