CS 2704 Programming Assignment Submission Format Guidelines - Spring 2001

Unless specifically stated otherwise, all CS 2704 homework and programming assignments must be submitted to the Curator System. Please read the Student Guide.

Submit assignments to:  http://spasm.cs.vt.edu:8080/curator/

Submission Guidelines:

Programming Project Archive Format

Some of the CS 2704 programming assignments must be submitted to the Curator in a compressed zip archive format. This requirement will apply to the "major" projects which will be demonstrated for the GTAs.  Students who are unfamiliar with working with zip archives are encouraged to work through the CS1205 compression tutorial. Unix users will submit a standard gzip'd tar file.

Shareware utilities for creating and managing zip archives on Windows are readily available:

Please generate your archive such that it uses maximal compression. Do not employ protection or encryption on the archive or any files it contains.

Project Archive Contents

The deliverables that the submitted archive file must contain will be listed in each project specification. Generally, this will  include (but is not limited to) the following:

//    On my honor:

//   

//    - I have not discussed the C++ language code in my program with

//      anyone other than my instructor or the teaching assistants

//      assigned to this course.

//   

//    - I have not used C++ language code obtained from another student,

//      or any other unauthorized source, either modified or unmodified. 

//   

//    - If any C++ language code or documentation used in my program

//      was obtained from another source, such as a text book or course

//      notes, that has been clearly noted with a proper citation in

//      the comments of my program.

//   

//    - I have not designed this program in such a way as to defeat or

//      interfere with the normal operation of the Curator System.

//

//    <Student's Name>

Design Documentation

Any design documentation required will be mentioned specifically in the particular assignment. Be sure to check the assignments web page and read the FAQ.

Demonstrations

Some programming assignments may require you to demonstrate your program to one of the CS 2604 TAs during a scheduled demo time. Even if project demonstrations are not required for all students, in the case of  a nonfunctional program, the TAs may require you to demonstrate your program during their office hours in order to receive Partial Credit.

Partial Credit

To receive partial credit for programs that are non-working, or are not fully functional, a brief one or two paragraph description of the problem(s) must be included in the assignment archive in a text file named "PARTIALx.TXT"), where 'x' is replaced by the number of the project. The location, routine minimum, of each suspected problem/error must be specified along with possible corrections that need to be made.

Please send comments and suggestions to William McQuain at mcquain@cs.vt.edu.