Using the CS2704 Code in the McBryde 116/118 Lab
Because of the permission settings for the cs2704 folder on
the lab machines you MUST follow these instructions in order to
work in the lab.
- Open Windows NT Explorer (Start=>Programs=>Windows
- copy the folder ChapterX from
the cs2704 folder to the Temp
folder on the C: drive
- In the left side of the window find the cs2704
folder on the C: drive and
double-click on it
- In the left side of the window find the Temp
folder on the C: drive and single-click
- In the left side of the window right-click on the folder
ChapterX (the chapter you wish to
work with) and while holding down the right mouse button drag
the folder across to the right side of the window
- release the mouse button and choose Copy
- Open the workspace by double-clicking ChapterX.dsw
- In the FileView window click once on wx.rc,
then press Delete
- Choose Project=>Add to Project=>Files...
and navigate to c:\cs2704\wx\include\msw; double-click on wx.rc
- In the FileView window click once on Sample1.cpp, then
- If you're working on something that
you've saved either on a floppy or on the Z: drive, copy the
source file(s) into c:\Temp\ChapterX\Code and add them to the
Project using Project=>Add
- You're done! Start working...
The Temp folder will be cleared when
you log off!! Save your source file(s) and executable to a floppy
and copy your source file(s), but only your source file(s)
(ex: Assign1.cpp) to your account directory on the Z: drive (Bulldog).
Do NOT copy the executable, any ChapterX folder or the
wx folder to your directory on the Z: drive! The Z:drive in the
lab is almost full!! Don't put anything in your Z: directory that
you don't need.