Re: Required classes...

Posted by Charles Hannum Jr on December 06, 2001 at 09:03:07:

In Reply to: Required classes... posted by GAK on December 03, 2001 at 19:55:32:

: Were there required classes for HW4.. I dont recall reading that in the spec. There were system requirements for the video store but none as specific as the required classes in our evaluation... IE:
: *****************************************************
: Movie, Inventory, Rental, Rental List, Reservation, Reservation List, Customer, Customer List, Service Counter, Supplier, Supplier List, Order, Order List

: At 5pts a piece it costs..
: Was my spec the incorrect version?

: Georg

Agree completely. The spec covered NOTHING about the details of ordering a movie. I chose to treat it like special orders have worked at every book or music store I worked at: the employee who took the order from the customer ordered the item directly from the distributor. Hence, in my design there was a "known distributor" field for a movie but no distributor class or related classes because it was not required - poof, there go 20 pts. I made the reservation status part of a movie record which a function searched for and displayed in the morning for employees to pull - poof, there go 10 more points. No details about how customer pays, or how the scanner is integrated, so I commented that my stuff was clearly a subsystem of some larger design - poof there went 5 points for no service counter. I was down to an 'F' before ANY actual detail of my implementation was looked at. What a crock.