Re: Another Homework (Non-Design) = Good Idea

Posted by Jacob on December 06, 2001 at 00:01:44:

In Reply to: Re: Another Homework (Non-Design) = Good Idea posted by Edwin Bachetti on December 05, 2001 at 23:10:04:

Edwin, what do you do if you see something on TV that is offensive? Change the channel. What do you do if you overhear something that offends you? Mind your own business. What do you do if you read something on a class discussion board that disturbs you? Ignore it and move on with your life.

This board is related to the class. Questioning the grading policies is fair game here, as that is part of the class. We all use the board to make sure we are thinking the correct way about our designs and projects. Some posts will inevitably be off topic or irrelevant to you. If you can't deal with that and have problems, "then I honestly hope I never have to work with you in the real world."

In the interest of ending this off-topic thread, this will be my last post. Peace.

: Yeah, I guess my past (and only) posts have been a bit harsh. I don't post here much, but that doesn't mean I don't use the board. Either way, that doesn't change the point that this board's primary goal is to allow people help each other in design and programming related matters. A bunch of people are mad about their grade (I know how they feel, I did prety bad as well) and decided to use this board to complain about it. If it was used to organize something like a petition that would be one thing, but it's just a bunch of people ranting, and yes that does bother me a little. If they want to complain, I think they should seek a different avenue.