Re: Compiler Warning

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ CS2704 Web Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Henry on December 04, 2001 at 22:51:27:

In Reply to: Re: Compiler Warning posted by Ben C on December 04, 2001 at 21:12:37:

I got the same error when I put my STL deque's into my class. I assume though that warning won't cause a point deduction though right? Thats how it was last program.

: : I am receiving the following compiler warning. It appears to be some internal limitation that shouldn't affect my program:

: : \microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\utility(21)
: : warning C4786: [BIG SNIP} identifier was truncated to '255' characters in the debug information

: : The "BIG SNIP" was a VERY long statement referring to a STL queue of string objects that I created...

: : The big question: Should I just ignore this error, or have I secretly ruined something?

:
: I had the same problem... I don't know whether it messes up anything or not, but it is extremely annoying. It's mind-boggling how many template classes go into a data structure as common as a string. I did figure out a way around it, though. I just created a simple class that contains nothing except a string object, and made a queue of those objects. Hope that helps...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ CS2704 Web Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]