Re: Wrecker status display error in test logs

Posted by William D McQuain on December 02, 2001 at 14:47:23:

In Reply to: Wrecker status display error in test logs posted by Charles Hannum Jr on December 01, 2001 at 15:24:58:

: I noticed that in the log for the wreckers it does not display that it has the victim on the tick right before crushing it - this is incorrect.

Perhaps my labeling is unfortunate. However, if you look at the output carefully you'll note that the wrecker does take three ticks to accomplish its task, just as you describe below. The car has not yet been crushed when the "crushing" message is displayed. If it had been then there would be no current victim. If you like, think of it this way: I'm logging the status at the "end" of the tick, and the wrecker is beginning the crush operation, which is only possible after the car has been picked up.

: It should reach the location on tick x, pick up the car on tick x+1, and crush the car on tick x+2. Hence, since display is supposed to occur after the update portion of tick resolution there is either an error in McQuain's display or there is something wrong in the way I've interpreted tick resolution.