Re: MadKid has a point

Posted by Edwin Bachetti on December 01, 2001 at 22:36:31:

In Reply to: Re: MadKid has a point posted by Charles Hannum Jr on November 30, 2001 at 14:19:50:

What you're doing is complaining about something that is entirely your fault. What it all boils down to is the fact you made an assumption on the due date. And how does setting a due date for 10:00 instead of midnight cause it not to make sense? If you had the design done already then procrastination got you, all you had to do was type it up but you waited till the last day. The only thing you should be "put off" by is your current practice of waiting till the last day to do your homework.

I'm sorry, but you people just don't get it. Maybe it's society, the way we coddle everyone so they can just expect a good grade like a free T-shirt, but you people have got to start taking some responsibility for yourselves. You're in college, you're pretty close to becoming an adult, and yet we still have people acting like 5-year olds. If you can't read a simple assignment and figure out it's due date then I honestly hope I never have to work with you in the real world.

: : Yeah, he has a point if you like to blame others for your mistakes. Instead of simply reading the homework assignment due date, he made an assumption and it was wrong. I fail to see how this was Barnette's and McQuain's fault, especially with all the time we had to do it.

: : : I got mine in on time, but I must admit I wouldn't have if Barnette hadn't explained the weird deadline on Monday. So MadKid has a point.

: I'm not _blaming_ anyone but me for my zero but I'm still a bit put off by this. I downloaded this assigment the first Saturday of Thanksgiving break, made a mental note it was due the first Wednesday after I got back, and never looked at anything on the assignment page again.

: When every single assignment that was submitted electronically has been due at midnite since CS-1044 it doesn't make a lot of sense to tack a 10AM due time on the first assignment due right after a break without some clarification in class so we're aware of the avery atypical due time.

: I've been working on this project for some time and had every bit of my design done on notebook paper except for putting it into a .word doc, which I had planned to do yesterday evening. Oh well, I got an extra evening to work on the coding part of the project.

: (At the very least they should put major announcements and reminders of the front page for this course so we'd be aware there was a change if we log in instead of contact information which can easily be reached from the left hand menu). I almost never check the announcements because it is (or should be) redundant if you go to class.)