Re: Wrecker status display error in test logs

Posted by amit on December 01, 2001 at 20:29:55:

In Reply to: Wrecker status display error in test logs posted by Charles Hannum Jr on December 01, 2001 at 15:24:58:

I think Prof. McQuain's file might be correct. You might be looking at it differently. The logic you stated about handling a car is correct. If you look at the log for Wrecker, you ll see at tick 4 he arrives at the address 5. On tick 5, he's picking up the car. But the "action" if you note, will never state picking up a car. "action" is either going to address, none, or crushing. So anyhow, on tick 5 he picked up the car, and the action he's doing is "crushing". The actual crush doesnt take place until tick 6, where he prints "Dropping Off: ....).. I guess what he means by dropping of is that the car is being crushed. So at tick=4, he went to the right address, tick+1=5 he picked up the car, but the action he prints is crushing car which is kinda right but not really since the next tick makes the crush occur, and tick+2= 6 he crushes the car, but logs it as dropping the car off. Let me know what you think. I may be wrong.

: I noticed that in the log for the wreckers it does not display that it has the victim on the tick right before crushing it - this is incorrect.

: It should reach the location on tick x, pick up the car on tick x+1, and crush the car on tick x+2. Hence, since display is supposed to occur after the update portion of tick resolution there is either an error in McQuain's display or there is something wrong in the way I've interpreted tick resolution.