Re: MadKid has a point

Posted by Charles Hannum Jr on November 30, 2001 at 14:19:50:

In Reply to: Re: MadKid has a point posted by Edwin Bachetti on November 29, 2001 at 09:39:00:

: Yeah, he has a point if you like to blame others for your mistakes. Instead of simply reading the homework assignment due date, he made an assumption and it was wrong. I fail to see how this was Barnette's and McQuain's fault, especially with all the time we had to do it.

: : I got mine in on time, but I must admit I wouldn't have if Barnette hadn't explained the weird deadline on Monday. So MadKid has a point.

I'm not _blaming_ anyone but me for my zero but I'm still a bit put off by this. I downloaded this assigment the first Saturday of Thanksgiving break, made a mental note it was due the first Wednesday after I got back, and never looked at anything on the assignment page again.

When every single assignment that was submitted electronically has been due at midnite since CS-1044 it doesn't make a lot of sense to tack a 10AM due time on the first assignment due right after a break without some clarification in class so we're aware of the avery atypical due time.

I've been working on this project for some time and had every bit of my design done on notebook paper except for putting it into a .word doc, which I had planned to do yesterday evening. Oh well, I got an extra evening to work on the coding part of the project.

(At the very least they should put major announcements and reminders of the front page for this course so we'd be aware there was a change if we log in instead of contact information which can easily be reached from the left hand menu). I almost never check the announcements because it is (or should be) redundant if you go to class.)