Re: Car not found?

Posted by William D McQuain on November 29, 2001 at 15:36:49:

In Reply to: Car not found? posted by Julian Werfel on November 29, 2001 at 15:20:11:

: What action should the towtrucks take if they are sent to find a car and when they get there, the car is either the wrong car or not there?

Tow trucks only move if they have a task to carry out. If the truck doesn't find the right "victim", it no longer has a task.

Should the trucks return the the HHTS impound lot or should they wait there for a new call? Similarly, what happens to the wrecker after it destroys the car, does it return to the impound lot or not?

: I was also wondering what the spec meant when it said, "You should follow this with a display of the initial 'street', indicating what vehicles are parked at what address" On page 4 of the spec. What would this display look like, has this display been put into any of the test data and I am just missing it or something? Thanks
: -Julian

Evidently I suppressed that from my own log 'cause it takes up a fair amount of space and it was annoying me.

Basically you should just show what cars exist where. The simplest approach is just to write a list like:

Addr Occupant
-----------------------------------------------
1 vacant
2 vacant
3 OPL 456 Chevrolet Chevette ...
...