CS 1704 Announcements - Fall 2003

Final Exam

The final examination for CS 1704 will be given in Whittemore 300 from 1:05 to 3:05 on Monday, December 15.  The complete exam schedule for the university can be found here.

The exam is comprehensive, and consists of 25 multiple-choice questions worth 4 points each and two design/coding questions worth a total of 20 points.

Week of December 8

[December 8]

Week of December 1

[December 4]

[December 2]

[December 1]

Meg Dickey    acompeau -- chjohn12

Qing Li           chlower1 -- jsymonds

Jamie Smith    julfers -- zscronce

Demos will end on Wednesday December 10.  If you have not scheduled and met a demo with your assigned TA by then, you will receive a zero for the project.

Week of November 17

[November 19]

Week of November 10

[November 14]

Week of November 3

[November 6]

[November 6]

[November 4]

Meg Dickey    acompeau -- chjohn12

Qing Li           chlower1 -- jsymonds

Jamie Smith    julfers -- zscronce

To sign up for a demo, see your assigned TA during her office hours in McB 116/118.

Week of October 27

[October 27]

Week of October 20

[October 23]

[October 21]

Week of October 13

[October 16]

Week of October 6

[October 8]

[October 5]

Week of September 29

[October 1]

[September 29]

There was one error in scoring.  The Curator scored your submission out of 200 points; I intended the TAs to apply the deduction they came up with to your percentage.  So, if you got 194 from the Curator and the TA deducted 8 points, your final score should be  97 - 8 == 89.  My instructions to the TAs weren't clear on that, so they applied the deduction to your raw score (out of 200).  I've corrected that in my spreadsheet, but not in the individual files.

If you have a question or complaint about how the checksheet was applied to your submission, take that up first with the TA who graded it.  If you have a question or complaint about the items on the checksheet, you can take that up with me.  Not that I'm going to change anything.

Week of September 22

[September 23]

[September 22]

Week of September 15

[September 15]

Week of September 8

[September 12]

[September 9]

Week of September 1

[September 5]

[September 2]

[September 1]

Week of August 25

[August 27]

Mandatory First Day Attendance, Prerequisites and Force-adds

As stated in the online timetable, students who do not attend the first class meeting will be dropped from the roll.  

The mandatory prerequisite for this courses is CS 1044.  CS majors and minors MUST have completed CS 1044 with a grade of C or better; a C- is NOT sufficient.  I will grant absolutely NO exceptions to this requirement.  Students who do not submit a valid prerequisite form at the first class meeting will be dropped from the roll.  

I will collect force-add requests at the first class meeting; decisions on force-adds will be made by the second class meeting.  I will not consider any force-add requests until after the first class meeting.

Advance Announcements

[August 21]

Last modified: Friday, December 12, 2003