|Computer Science 1704
Intro to Data Structures & Soft Eng
Programming Help Policy
Students seeking help from one of the CS 1704 Teaching Assistants (TAs) are expected to have made a valid effort at solving a programming problem on their own first. Prior to getting help from one of the TAs students should have performed the following tasks:
- Created an design/outline of their problem solution.
- Converted their design/outline into C++ code.
- Documented their program as explained in the Elements of Programming Style.
- Be able to explain their code and describe the part of problem/code with which they need help.
Students should NOT seek programming help with a problem from a TA if:
- They do not have a problem solution or have not made an attempt at a solution.
- They are unable to explain their solution strategy or they cannot explain the logic of their code.
- They do not have any documentation, (or they have almost no documentation).
- Their documentation is simply a restating of the program instructions.
- They have no indentation or layout of their code.
- They need help with concepts that were covered by previous programs.
Students who have NOT performed the required steps before requesting help from a TA may be instructed to first carry out the necessary work before help is rendered.
|D. Barnette 1/21/2001
||Virginia Tech © 1995-2000