High Level Language Programming
Features of High-Level
- Data Abstraction: The machine's representation
of information is hidden.
- Computation Abstraction: Machine instructions
are hidden by higher-level operations and procedural abstraction
- Precise representation
- Algorithms expressed in a form suited for computer processing.
must be obeyed.
Program text is converted to executable code, which is then executed
Program text is analyzed and executed one step at a time
- The spatial relationships between symbols and collections
of symbols in a language (c.f. semantics)
- (a) The term used in natural languages to describe the appropriate
constructions of sentences with a knowledge of proper meaning
- (b) A term misused in Computer Science as a synonym for
- The meanings associated with symbols and collections of
symbols in a language (c.f. syntax)
- The set of all possible sentences that can be produced from
Last Updated 01/05/2000