Steps computed from pseudocode:
- Count the number of steps performed in an execution of the algorithm; or
- Count the number of some significant operations perform: comparisons, multiplications, copies, etc.
Eliminates dependence on technology and on implementation
Algorithms and programs contain three major control structures
- Sequential Code (straight line code)
- Looping Constructs (iteration or recursion)
- Conditional Constructs (conditional statements or blocks)
How do we count the steps?
The Mathematical Background
CS1104 Main Page
Last Updated 01/05/2000
© L.Heath, 2000