From Boolean functions to circuit diagrams:
- First, define the functions in a truth table.
- Then, write each function as a Boolean expression in a standard form called sum-of-products:
- each factor in the sum is just a big AND (i.e., product) corresponding to each one of the rows in the truth table that
produces a true result as we did in the case of a function with one line with an output of true;
- at the highest level, expression is a big OR (i.e., sum) of the factors.
- Finally, draw a circuit diagram corresponding to the sum-of-products Boolean expression.
CS1104 Main Page
Last Updated 01/05/2000
© L.Heath, 2000