Here's how you can get a project started using MS Visual Studio 2005
- Start Visual Studio and choose
- You will want to choose a
is found under the C++ tree. Give your project a name like
project1, starCounter, etc. The name really doesn't matter to
anyone but you. As you type the name, the solution name is also
filled in...this is fine. When you have picked your name, go
ahead and click " ".
- Next you need to set the application settings. Here you
want to make sure you uncheck "
" and make sure
you check " ". After
can simply click
" " and you project is ready for you
to add files to it.
- Next you need to create the file where you will be doing all your
typing. This can be done about a million different ways, the
eastiest way is from the "
you choose " ".
- From here you get a dialog that allows you to choose the file
type and the name for the file. We will be creating cpp
files. Usually I call my file main.cpp, but the name really
doesn't matter to anyone but you.
- Once you have picked your name, click "
and you are ready to