CS 1044 Grades

McQuain's Section

Here are the semi-tentative final grades for my section.  I won't upload the grades to the University system until tomorrow, in order to allow myself time to make any corrections.

Note:  I will not make changes unless there is a valid, logical reason to do so.  I will not change your grade simply because you are in danger of academic probation or suspension.  I will not change your grade simply because you need a better grade to qualify for admission to a social organization, or for financial aid, or anything else.  I will not change your grade simply because it is embarrassing.  

Ideally, your grade should reflect your mastery of the material covered in CS 1044.  In practice, it reflects your mastery, demonstrated by your performance on the assignments I have given you.  In a perfect world, each of you would have performed to the best of your ability on each assignment.  This isn't a perfect world.  But, the only measure of your mastery that I have are the scores you actually did achieve on the assignments, and that is the only basis for assigning you a grade for the course.

The file is not password protected.  I recently mailed each of you an attachment with the "fake id" that I will be using to post your grades.  If you lose it, log onto the Curator and choose the assignment labeled ClassID; you can then download the attachment containing your "fake id".

As far as I know, there aren't any changes pending for any of these scores.  Let me know ASAP if you believe there is a problem.

Wheaton's Section

Last modified: Thursday, May 08, 2003