Surveys and border grades

Posted by Martin Mayr on December 26, 2001 at 07:12:55:

Earlyer in the year we were told that if we do fill out the surveys that in case our grade is right at the border to a higher one, we could "take a look" at it. Is that prommise still true, and if yes, how will this be done?

On the side, I was planing on the final to represent the stuff we learned this semester, and also expected it to be as hard as the two tests (which were not all that hard). But I was wrong, and also prepared wrong for the final. All I needed to get an A- in the class was a 70, and I felt confident that I could get it after only a bit of reviewing. After I got my score on the final, I was extremely disapointed by myself. Also, I felt I was tricked out of a good grade. So to make a long storry short, this final wa hard, but that's OK. However, making so much harder than anything else in the course without warning was not OK. There were no Koofers that would have warned us. It was a stab in the back for me.

I have an average of a 89.4 and would like to know if the survey I filled out for the CS department will do anything to that average. What do I have to do?

Thanks in advance,

Martin