Re: The TA is irresponsible !!!

Posted by William D McQuain on December 13, 2001 at 09:18:39:

In Reply to: Re: The TA is irresponsible !!! posted by Asif bin Atef on December 13, 2001 at 00:13:14:

: I believe it is not befitting for a teacher to call a student a coward in an academic forum.

It is not fitting for students to post attacks on the TAs here without having the integrity to identify themselves. By doing so, this student has made no progress toward addressing his (alleged) problem. If he identified himself, then his instructor could have looked at his submitted design and determined whether there was, in fact, a problem.

As far as I'm concerned, the appellation "coward" fits nicely. So would a number of others.

A respectable teacher like yourself should have self-respect and integrity with respect to a class and his students.

You are in no position to evaluate the degree to which I "have self-respect and integrity". As for respect, that is earned, not an entitlement. If I exhibit disdain toward an individual and that disdain is unjustified, then I am guilty of failing to respect the individual. I see no evidence that is the case with respect to the student who made the original post, nor in your case.

The remainder of your post speaks volumes regarding your maturity and the extent to which your opinions deserve consideration.

Just to be sure there's no confusion about this among the other students, the name and mail addresses used by this student are blatant fakes. I doubt that this student is of Arabic descent; it's much more likely that he chose to identify himself in this manner because it struck him as funny or as a way to stir up trouble. Cowardly? Yes. Pathetic? Yes.

Bill McQuain, it is quite plain who the coward is here. If you do not learn when to ope your mouth, then i shall teach you how to bark. Love,
: Son of Bin Laden