P6.exe Application Error

Posted by David Padowicz on November 01, 2001 at 20:04:07:

Hullo,
When i build my program, it compiles and links with no errors or warnings. When i try and run the program, it compiles and links again with no errors, it then displays the command prompt and a message about how this is the introductory version and that the end user license agreement should be read (this is normal so far). I click 'ok' there and then a window comes up with a red circle with a white 'X' in the middle. The top of the window contains the same line as the subject of this post. after that is the following message:

The instruction at "0x00409745" referenced memory at "0x00000004". The memory could not be "read".

Click OK to terminate this program.
Click Cancel to Debug this program.

I click OK and the same window comes up with one change:

"0x00409745" has been replaced with "0x0040d88"

after clicking OK on the second message, the command prompt tells me to press any key to continue. However, i believe that the aoolication errors i am recieving are preventing the program to execute correctly... i have had this particular error message before only not in relation to any C++ project. I would run a ScanDisk, but windows 2000 does not seem to have ScanDisk or something like it. If i could get help with this problem, i would GREATLY appreciate it. I have tried scrapping the whole project, then redoing it after rebooting and it still gets the same errors... this is highly frustrating. Please help, post here or e-mail me or both please!!!! Thank you.

-David Padowicz