Another point of view...

Posted by Peter DePasquale on October 10, 2001 at 13:48:28:

In Reply to: Re: what a crock posted by Azn on October 10, 2001 at 00:39:56:

Programming is not all about how a programmer thinks. You'll find, someday, that your job as a programmer is ALL ABOUT following a coding spec (specification) and that despite how you want to do something, the customer (the instructors in this case) get to dictate the situation.

Grow up, deal with this and move on. Despite your desire to try to make things easier on yourself, you are unknowingly learning critical computer science pedagogical issues here.

: Yeah, i agree with Wayne. I think it shouldn't be required. Programming is all about how programmer thinks. We should let programmers figure out a way to get the result not requiring to do it a certain way. It's just pointless and limits the possibilities we could've come up to solve the problems...............

:
: Kyle

: : Why are we now "explicity required" to store monetary amounts as integers now for project 5? What a load! For both programs 3 and 4, I was able to store them as decimal amounts and all values came out correct, no matter how many changes I made to the input file. I tried to do things a little different and see if I could make it work. I don't understand why I (and the others who took this route) are being punished for taking a different approach and still getting correct results. Why all of a sudden are we required to use integers? Why was it just a suggestion before and now a requirement?

: : wayne