Re: Monetary Values

Posted by Erik on October 08, 2001 at 17:00:19:

In Reply to: Re: Monetary Values posted by Kyle on October 06, 2001 at 16:14:39:

Even though we'll all superior programmers and know everything that we're doing, I believe that there might be a reason for doing calculations the way we've been told to do them (ie: using integers). The staff probably has a little more experience and know-how so maybe they're beginning to show us how to solve a harder problem later on. Simply put, I recommend doing things the way they want first, and doing your own thing second. They, after all, are the ones giving out the grades.

: Well, i am just trying to help out those who's having problems with it. Besideds, the program never says that you have to use Monetary Values. If there's a short cut that will do the same job, why not?

: : obviously your going to lose points now that you told the whole world... maybe it would have gone through without being noticed but not now.. yeah i tried subtracting .01 from my tax total and it works half the time... and it got me a B .. then i did it the right way...... it took forever to do cause im a horrible programmer and this class is really hard for me.. but it worked.. way to tell everyone you tool the easy way out i know the TA's and professors are laughing now