- The Virginia Right to Work Law covers the rights of workers to employment irrespective of their membership in a trade union:
- Sexual harassment in the workplace involves a co-worker or supervisor using authority or physical power in a way which causes another person:
- sexual gratification
- bodily harm
- humiliation, embarrassment, or distress
- to be fired or demoted
- (True/False) According to federal case law, an employer is obligated to stop the monitoring a employee's call once he realizes that the call is personal.
- True (Watkins v. L.M. Berry & Co., 704 F.2d 577, 583 (11th Cir. 1983)) (http://www.privacyrights.org/FS/fs7-work.htm)
- (True/False) While working, an employer is allowed to see what is on an employee's terminal.
- True (In most cases)
- What are some possible conditions that would limit an employer's right to view an employee's terminal?
- Union contracts, 4th amendment (for public sector employees)
You may suggest an appropriate examination question in this topic by clicking here.
Last updated 2002/04/29
© J.A.N. Lee, 1999-2002.