BIBLIOGRAPHY - Workplace Issues
- "Va. Tech faculty voice alarm over seized computer -
Professors have expressed the most concern about privacy rights regarding intellectual property and personal e-mails from students",
By KEVIN MILLER,
THE ROANOKE TIMES, Wednesday, April 10, 2002.
- The limits on freedom of speech at work, Fair Measures Corp., 01-10-02
- "Microsoft Witness Got Company Funding for Research", By Peter Kaplan, Yahoo!, Wed Apr 17, 3:44 PM ET
- "We're too late for relaxed dressed code", an opinion from Wichita Falls, trnonline, 16 April 2001.
- "Bill would allow government employers to approve a gender-based dress code", Arizona Republic, 4 April 2001.
- "Girls Are from Venus; High-Tech Is from Mars", from Darwin. (last accessed 2001/04/13)
- Companies crack down on loose lips,
Special to CNET News.com,
March 22, 2001, 4:00 a.m. PT
- "Cupid's Cubicles Office romance is alive and well, despite a barrage of corporate countermeasures", U.S. News Online, 12/14/98.
- "The New Rules of Sexual Harassment, The Supreme Court defines what harassment is and who can be held responsible", BY MARIANNE LAVELLE, U.S. News Online, 7/6/98.
- "Advice from the Texas Instruments Ethics Office: Sexual Harassment", located at the online ethics center.
- "Too Little, Too Late", Judge rules that alleged harassment was too long ago to be linked to layoff, By Shannon P. Duffy, The Legal Intelligencer, August 16, 1999.
- "It Rhymes With ...", a Seinfeld episode that led to a case of sexual harassment (Dateline, NBC, August 4, 1997).
- "Masculine or Feminine?", an urban legend about the characteristics of a computer, and Mars vs. Venus views.
- Performance Behavior Pyramid by Camille Miller, Roanoke Times, 2 May 1999.
- SETTING A POLICY ON INTERNET USE by Dr. Karen D. Loch.
A well-defined policy on employee Internet
use can protect both a company's
technology resources and its legal interests.
And one that's consistent with the corporate
culture is most likely to succeed. This
article discusses the issues involved,
explores what such a policy should contain
and gives sample guidelines for developing
an Internet-use policy of your own. Beyond Computing, April 1999.
- Put Office Surfers on Notice, a "Nanny Blocker" for the office, November 17, 1998
- Usin' And Abusin' Online Time @ Work (08/12/98); 1:31 AM CST
By Bruce Perry, Special to Newsbytes,
LOS ALTOS, CALIFORNIA, U.S.A
- The Gender Gap Goes High Tech - Women are leaving or avoiding careers in computers, citing discrimination,
family-unfriendly work environment and a lack of role models. Efforts are
being made to remedy problems, by CHARLES PILLER.
- Is the 'nerd' factor keeping women out of high-tech? by Maria Seminerio, ZDNN, October 19, 1998.
- Dilbert's Laws of Work from Kelch Humor Mailing List Archives
Last updated 2002/05/02
© J.A.N. Lee, 1998-2002.