- The Presidential Commission on the "Challenger Disaster" found that the reporting channels for decision making were inadequate. The major problem appears to have been that:
- The upper levels did not ask for additional information in their decision making.
- The concerns at lower levels were not communicated up the line.
- There were too many steps in the reporting channels.
- The voting counts at each level were not recorded.
- Each level had to have a unanimous decision before passing it upward.
- (True/False) Roger Boisjoly was awarded for his whistle-blowing efforts during the 1986 Challenger Disaster.
- True (but not by his company!)
You may suggest an appropriate examination question in this topic by clicking here.
Last updated 2002/04/29
© J.A.N. Lee, 1999-2002.