Safety Critical Systems Bibliography
- "The ethics of safety-critical systems", by Jonathan Bowen, Comm. ACM, Volume 43, No. 4 (Apr. 2000), Pages 91 - 97.
- President Reagan Speech on the occasion of the 10th Anniversary of SDI, March 23, 1993.
- The Reagan Legacy - Star Wars, The Discovery channel, (Advert).
- A Star Wars Simulation (in fun!).
- SDI - 1985 comments from ACM RISKS Forum (Vol. 1, No. 1).
BALLISTIC MISSILE DEFENSE ORGANIZATION. Just because the Reagan era "Star Wars" (SDI) project goes under a new name, it does not mean that the problems are any different.
- Roger Boisjoly: Fulfilling an Engineer's Responsibility for Safety -- the Challenger Disaster.
- Bowyer, Kevin W. ETHICS and Computing: Living Responsibly in a Computerized World, IEEE Computer Society Press, Los Alamitos CA, 1996, xvi, 449, paperback.
- Ford, Daniel F., Three Mile Island:Thirty Minutes to
Meltdown, Penguin Books, New York, NY, 1982
- Gray, Mike and Ira Rosen, The Warning: Accident at Three
Mile Island, Contemporary Books, Inc., Chicago, IL, 1982
- Casamayou, Maureen Hogan, Bureaucracy in Crisis: Three Mile Island, the Shuttle Challenger, and Risk Assessment, Boulder, Colorado: Westview Press,
1993. 215 p.
Leveson, Nancy, and Clark S. Turner. July 1993. "An Investigation of the Therac-25 Accidents",
IEEE Computer, Vol. 25, No. 7, pp. 18-41.
- Soyuz 11: Triumph and Tragedy. http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/History/SP-4209/ch5-6.htm
- Source of Soyuz 11 crew image. http://starchild.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/StarChild/space_level2/soyuz11.html
- Software error may have contributed to 1997 Guam crash of KAL 747 airliner.
Last updated 2000/04/20 by J.A.N. Lee
Original developed as part of a class assignment, CS 3604, Fall 1997, by Justin
Latimer & Brian