The group projects will be to develop a position (pro or con/for or against) in terms of one of the three basic styles of ethical argument -- relativism, utilitarianism, deontology -- on the topic of "hacking" -- i.e. is hacking good or bad?
- groups 1-4 will take a relativism point of view
- groups 5-8 the utilitarian position
- groups 9-12 the deontological approach
and then be prepared to present the group's view to the class starting with a description (no more than 2 minutes) on the ethical style.
- Computer Ethics is the Province of Religious Bodies.
Provide for and against arguments on this topic.
- Will Information Ethics provide guidelines sufficient to harness the
Discuss and argue the proposition that there is an urgent global need to
find a new way to measure "worth", particularly in the context of the
implementation of computer applications.
- What are the advantages and disadvantages and ethical implication of data
encrpytion from the point of view of security, privacy and criminal law?