Recent Publications Regarding Censorship
- There is a challenge in progress to the Virginia State Employees restrictions on accessing "inappropriate" materials through Internet by six faculty members of Virginia colleges.
- Schools face hurdle of filtering out Web Porn, Roanoke Times, Sunday, February 21, 1999, page A15.
- VICTORY! Judge Blocks Child Online Protection Act, EPIC, February 1, 1999 (this is the whole text of the finding, search down for the "an appropriate order").
- New Cyber-Censorship Law Would Fracture Internet, Experts and Web Owners Testify, ACLU, January 20, 1999
- Judge Halts Enforcement of COPA Internet Censorship Law, EFF, PHILADELPHIA, Dec. 10, 1998
- Put Office Surfers on Notice, a "Nanny Blocker" for the office, November 17, 1998
- Usin' And Abusin' Online Time @ Work (08/12/98); 1:31 AM CST
By Bruce Perry, Special to Newsbytes,
LOS ALTOS, CALIFORNIA, U.S.A
- The filtering of information in America, Collegiate Times, Virginia Tech (98/09/30)
- Fairfax Schools Tighten Rules on Internet Use, Washington Post (98/09/25)
- Check out the MSNBC survey: "Searching for Love over a Modem" (98/06/08)
- The End of Internet Sex?,
Jesse Berst, Editorial Director,
Tuesday, July 21, 1998. (Local Back Up) This contains links to several other recent publications and comments.
- Proposed 'Safe Schools Internet Act of 1998'.
Last updated 99/08/23
© J.A.N. Lee, 1998, 1999.